Leeward Community College is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our faculty, staff, and students. UH’s COVID-19 policies apply to all of Leeward Community College’s Non-Credit students.
More information can be found on the University of Hawai’i, COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students FAQs page.
Course Number (TRAN8200)
Motorcycle program contact information:
Phone: (808) 454-4746
For registration assistance:
Phone: (808) 455-0477
Fax: (808) 453-6730
Students must show completion of MSF Basic RiderCourse or equivalent.
- Students must use their own motorcycle.
- Students must show proof of insurance, current registration, and safety inspection at the start of class.
- Personal Protective Gear requirements:
- DOT certified motorcycle helmet
- Eye protection
- Sturdy long pants (thin exercise or yoga pants not allowed)
- Sturdy over-the-ankle footwear
- Long sleeves
- Full-finger gloves, leather preferred
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Improve low-speed basic controls operation, judgment, and maneuvering ability
- Refine judgment in controlled stops.
- Use Firm brake pressure to stop more quickly.
- Complete tight turns from a stop.
- Stop gradually in a curve; Stop quickly in a curve.
- Practice curves and lane changes.
- Practice safety margins and gap selection.
- Maneuver in limited spaces.
- Develop ability to negotiate low-speed decreasing radius curves.
- Avoid hazards by swerving or stopping.