Course Number (TRAN8200)
Successful completion of MSF Basic Ridercourse (TRAN8101).
Participants must have a current Motorcycle license/endorsement and have taken the Basic RiderCourse or posses basic riding skills.
- YOUR OWN MOTORCYCLE, please have a FULL TANK OF GAS.
- DOT certified helmet 3/4 or full face
- Eye protection
- Hard soled, ankle high boots
- Sturdy Denim Long pants, long sleeve shirt or a jacket
- Full fingered sturdy gloves.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
1. Blend various techniques for seeing and being seen in the traffic mix.
2. Judge proper lane positioning for space cushioning, lane protection, and following distance.
3. Select an appropriate space cushion to other vehicles in a moving traffic environment to maintain proper motorcycle control and avert collisions.
4. Develop advanced turning and braking techniques including maximum braking, and controlling skids.
5. Demonstrate techniques and procedures for carrying passengers and loads, and handling a motorcycle under adverse weather conditions and motorcycle malfunctions.