Leeward Community College is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our faculty, staff, and students. UH’s COVID-19 policies apply to all of Leeward Community College’s Non-Credit students.
More information can be found on the University of Hawai’i, COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students FAQs page.
Course Number (TRAN8600)
Requirements to become a Hawaii RiderCoach include (may not be an exhaustive list):
- Completion of the RiderCourse® RiderCoach Preparation Candidate Application (email email@example.com for application)
- Licensed, experienced motorcycle operator with a minimum of 3 years riding experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 21 years of age minimum
- Driving record with no more than 3 moving violations, no alcohol related traffic violations, and no driver's license suspension, revocation, or denial within the three years preceding the date of application to become a coach.
- Graduate of a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course (BRC, ERC or BRC2)
- Have a recommendation from a current RiderCoach
- Certified in basic first aid and CPR
- You will be expected to be a role model for Hawaii motorcyclists, and as such, will be expected to wear the proper gear, to include a DOT helmet, eye protection, sturdy over the ankle footwear, long pants of durable material, long sleeved shirt or jacket and full fingered gloves; ANYTIME that you ride a motorcycle.