Policies below are general program policies. Individual courses may have their own specific policies that would be found on the course syllabus provided by the Instructor on the first day of class.
Awarding Of Certificates
Campus Security provides around-the-clock assistance to students, faculty, and staff and maintains a “lost and found” service. Incidents and concerns relating to security should be reported directly to Campus Security. Campus Security offers an Escort Service on request from anyone on campus by calling 455-0611.
“Credit” By Review
OCEWD’s Course Equivalency Program provides alternate opportunities to obtain recognition for prior learning. Leeward Community College believes there are many ways to become “educated” besides traditional course offerings. The College provides options which allow students to demonstrate competency gained through non-classroom experiences and to earn college credits for them. This allows students to spend their time and money on the new subjects they need and want to take. Requests for “credit” must be approved by OCEWD administration and the instructor. Methods for earning such credits include:
- Independent Study
- Credits Earned at Foreign Colleges and Universities
- Equivalency Examinations
- College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- Credit for Prior Learning
- Non-collegiate-Sponsored Education Credit
Financial Liability Policy
Standards Of Progress
- (CR) is used to indicate passing with a “C” or higher for non-credit courses. All assignments completed with a score of 70% or higher, a score of 70% or higher on each quiz/exam, and all skills performed satisfactorily.
- (NC) is used to indicate not passing with a “C” or higher for non-credit courses. Participants earning a grade of “NC” may repeat a course once. Additional repeats may be allowed after discussion with a Program Coordinator, and participants may be required to repeat the entire course at an additional expense. Participants may not progress to the next higher level course until a “CR” grade is earned.
- (I) is used to indicate that the participant has yet to complete one or more requirements by the scheduled end date of a course. Participants will be given an additional opportunity to successfully complete the requirements after instructors provide counseling/remediation. An additional fee may be required for remedial instruction beyond two (2) attempts. Participants that are unsuccessful after four (4) attempts shall be assigned a grade of “NC”. Completion of course requirements must be accomplished during the next offering of the program/course or the grade will be converted as “NC”.
Enrollment in some courses may require satisfactory completion of prerequisite coursework, meeting health and/or safety requirements. Students successfully completing course and academic performance requirements will receive a certificate for their records.
Student Code Of Conduct
Tuition and Fees
Follow Leeward CC on Social Media