Course Number (HLTH5700)
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Utilize effective therapeutic communication knowledge and skills in a professional setting.
- Demonstrate competency in the technological skills needed for working in health care systems.
- Utilize appropriate skills/tools to guide patients attempting to navigate health care resources.
- Perform entry-level coordination of care by understanding needs of the patient.
- Employ an active understanding of medical terminology, diagnosis and appropriate treatments for such.
- Respond appropriately to the social and mental health needs of the patient’s related to the cultural differences and/or language barriers.
- Demonstrate understanding of basic ethical and legal issues in health care.
- Utilize industry standard software to manage electronic health records.