Course Number (HLTH5100)
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Give examples of current issues challenging the healthcare delivery system in the U.S.
- Account for legal principles that guide personnel in the delivery of healthcare.
- State the evolution of the patient care technician in the healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate effective communication methods used by the healthcare team to exchange vital patient information.
- Describe measures utilized to prevent the spread of infectious organisms.
- Perform task-oriented duties and skills under the supervision of licensed personnel.
1. Current Criminal Abstract (https://ecrim.ehawaii.gov) (abstract needs to be submitted within 30 days of issuance).
2. Completed Leeward CC Physical Examination Clearance Form.
3. Copy of your photo ID.
4. Proof of 2-Step TB test completed within the last six months.
5. Proof of MMR vaccination (titer is acceptable).
6. Proof of Hep B series vaccination (titer is acceptable).
7. Proof of a 9th-grade English level or higher. Please submit the following as proof of this requirement: AA Degree, BA Degree, college transcripts, TABE results. OR take our EdReady assessment. Please fill out this EdReady Request Form.
Individuals interested in the Certified Nurse Aide training program must apply and meet all requirements prior to registering for a class.
Registration is based on the order of COMPLETED APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, FIRST TO QUALIFY AND SECURE TUITION PAYMENT.
STEP 1: Prepare all your documents.
Go to the “Enrollment Requirements” tab above and prepare all the necessary paperwork.
STEP 2: Submit documents.
You can either mail or hand carry documents containing personal information.
Otherwise, all documents may be emailed to email@example.com. It is preferred to have all documents sent in one email to allow for faster processing.
STEP 3: Submit payment and register.
Once all of your documents have been approved and your application has been accepted, please submit payment.
Payment can be made in the form of a check, cash, or debit/credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
If agencies are paying on behalf of students, please submit the Agency Authorization Form.
For information or assistance on:
- On-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial assistance, program advising, or attending an information session, please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
- For possible tuition assistance, please visit www.ocewd.org/hcp to learn more about the Hana Career Pathways grant program.
- Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
Coordinator: Patrick Leddy
Workforce Development Coordinator
Click on a course section below to see dates and to add to your cart. Course details and schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
Days: M, W, Th
Times: 5:00PM to 9:00PM
Contact Hours: 150.0
Location: Leeward Community College
Course Fee(s): $2900
This is a hybrid class with teachings online and face-to-face. Classes will meet every Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 5pm - 9pm (11/01/2021 - 12/09/2021). The class may include hours for employment in lieu of externship/practicum.
For future course schedules, you may also contact our office. View “contact and information” section on this page.
With support from a generous grant from Assisted Living Options Hawaii (ALOH), the Hawaii Pacific Gerontological Society (HPGS) is offering an Eldercare Worker Training Award for $500 (while funds last). Our Nurse Aide Training Program qualifies for this award. Please click the PDF below for information and applicaation, or email Jan Thurman for further assistance.