Course Number (HLTH5470)
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Analyze health record data sets in order to construct reports, graphs, and data maps according to industry standards
- Classify healthcare information requirements and determine if an organization is meeting industry standards.
- Analyze health information situations to determine the most probable healthcare delivery system to locate needed information.
- Apply knowledge of healthcare privacy, confidentiality, and ethical issues in accordance with laws and industry standards.
- Apply data security, data storage, and retrieval skills to organize and locate health information needed for continuity of care, billing, and legal requirements.