Course Number (HLTH5445)
Upon successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
1. Describe the structure and functions of Resource-Based Relative Value Scales (RBRVS), APC and HCPCS II.
2. Audit medical documents for accuracy and commonly made coding errors.
3. Outline the strategies used to ensure the accuracy and quality of coded medical documents.
4. Accurately assign ICD-10-CM, CPT-4, and HCPCS codes as well as complex modifier codes (SNOMED, DSM, RUG, etc.) to source documents.
5. Accurately complete the CMS-1500 form.