Course Number (TRAN5510)
This course prepares learners for the State of Hawaii Commercial Driver (CDL Class A) license test. Strong emphasis is placed on the Commercial Driving Manual, Virage VS 600 CDL simulator, Class A Vehicle Inspection, parking skills, and safe operation in preparation for the tests required to obtain your CDL Class A license which include the:
- Air Brake Test
- Vehicle Inspection Test
- Basic Vehicle Control Skills Test
- On-Road Driving Test
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a 5-step Air Brake Test
- Complete a Class A Vehicle Inspection Test
- Demonstrate “Basic Vehicle Control Skills” which include
- Straight line backing
- Offset back/right
- Offset back/left
- Parallel park (driver side)
- Parallel park (conventional)
- Alley dock
- Demonstrate safe and responsible road skills in a variety of traffic situations
Individuals interested in the Commercial Driver’s License training program must apply and meet all requirements prior to registering for a class.
Registration is based on the order of COMPLETED APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, FIRST TO QUALIFY AND SECURE TUITION PAYMENT.
STEP 1: Prepare all your documents.
Go to the “Eligibility Requirements” tab above and prepare all the necessary paperwork.
STEP 2: Submit documents.
You can either mail or hand carry documents containing personal information.
Otherwise, all documents may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is preferred to have all documents sent in one email to allow for faster processing.
STEP 3: Submit payment and register.
Once all of your documents have been approved and your application has been accepted, please submit payment.
Payment can be made in the form of a check, cash, or debit/credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
If agencies are paying on behalf of students, please submit the Agency Authorization Form.
For information or assistance on:
- On-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: email@example.com
- Financial assistance, program advising, or attending an information session, please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
- For possible tuition assistance, please visit www.ocewd.org/hcp to learn more about the Hana Career Pathways grant program.
- Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
- For CDL curriculum or Custom / Corporate training questions, please contact:
Workforce Development - Associate Professor & Program Coordinator
Click on a course section below to see dates and to add to your cart. Course details and schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
Times: 9:00AM to 11:00AM
Days: M, T, W
Times: 9:00AM to 2:00PM
Contact Hours: 95.0
Location: Leeward Community College
Course Fee(s): $3600
Class will be held every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (9am - 2pm) from 11/15/2021 - 12/27/2021.
A more detailed syllabus will be handed out by the instructor at the class orientation on Monday (11/08/2021) from 9am-11am.
Participants must have their Commercial Driver License (CDL) Permit Class A at time of registration.
For future course schedules, you may also contact our office. View “contact and information” section on this page.