Leeward Community College is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our faculty, staff, and students. UH’s COVID-19 policies apply to all of Leeward Community College’s Non-Credit students.
As of January 3, 2022, all students who plan to be on campus must be fully vaccinated OR have an approved medical or religious exemption. All students attending IN-PERSON classes must check in to the UH LumiSight App each time they come to campus. Students who are not vaccinated must be approved for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination; exemption requests must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to the first day of class. Students with approved exemptions must also test weekly and submit those results via the UH LumiSight App.
More information can be found on the University of Hawai’i, COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Students FAQs page.
Course Number (TRAN5510)
This course prepares learners for the State of Hawaii Commercial Driver (CDL Class A) license test. Strong emphasis is placed on the Commercial Driving Manual, Virage VS 600 CDL simulator, Class A Vehicle Inspection, parking skills, and safe operation in preparation for the tests required to obtain your CDL Class A license which include the:
- Air Brake Test
- Vehicle Inspection Test
- Basic Vehicle Control Skills Test
- On-Road Driving Test
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a 5-step Air Brake Test
- Complete a Class A Vehicle Inspection Test
- Demonstrate “Basic Vehicle Control Skills” which include
- Straight line backing
- Offset back/right
- Offset back/left
- Parallel park (driver side)
- Parallel park (conventional)
- Alley dock
- Demonstrate safe and responsible road skills in a variety of traffic situations
Individuals interested in the Commercial Driver’s License training program must apply and meet all requirements prior to registering for a class.
Registration is based on the order of COMPLETED APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, FIRST TO QUALIFY AND SECURE TUITION PAYMENT.
STEP 1: Prepare all your documents.
Go to the “Eligibility Requirements” tab above and prepare all the necessary paperwork.
STEP 2: Submit documents.
You can either mail or hand carry documents containing personal information.
Otherwise, all documents may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is preferred to have all documents sent in one email to allow for faster processing.
STEP 3: Submit payment and register.
Once all of your documents have been approved and your application has been accepted, please submit payment.
Payment can be made in the form of a check, cash, or debit/credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
If agencies are paying on behalf of students, please submit the Agency Authorization Form.
For information or assistance on:
- On-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: email@example.com
- Financial assistance, program advising, or attending an information session, please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
- For possible tuition assistance, please visit www.ocewd.org/hcp to learn more about the Hana Career Pathways grant program.
- Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
- For CDL curriculum or Custom / Corporate training questions, please contact:
Workforce Development - Associate Professor & Program Coordinator
Click on a course section below to see dates and to add to your cart. Course details and schedules are subject to change without prior notice.
Days: T, Th, Sa
Times: 2:00PM to 7:00PM
Contact Hours: 95.0
Location: Leeward Community College
Course Fee(s): $3600
Class will be held every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday (2pm - 7pm) from 02/08/2022 - 04/07/2022.
Participants must have their Commercial Driver License (CDL) Permit Class A at time of registration.
For future course schedules, you may also contact our office. View “contact and information” section on this page.