Course Number (HLTH5110)
Adult Residential Care Home (ARCH) operators program provides participants basic knowledge about geriatric diseases, preparation of special diets, fulfillment of existing orders and therapies, and behavior management. Participants also acquire simple accounting skills, an understanding of the Department of Health rules and regulations governing ARCH. The program consists of three in a single track of courses that include ARCH Module 12- 14.
The ARCH operator program concludes with a one-day workshop on "Start your Business". Learn the process to start a business in Hawaii and important considerations for insurance, employees, and financial assistance.
- Function as a member of the Adult Residential Care Home team providing safe and effective personal care to the residents.
- Distinguish resident's needs based on physical and cognitive changes associated with the aging process.
- Apply federal, state and local health and safety regulations.
- Recall the legal and ethical responsibilities of the Adult Residential Care Home Operator.
1. Completion of a State of Hawai`i CNA Program (valid if the program was taken within the last 5 years) OR a copy of your CURRENT CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) card administered by the American Red Cross or Prometric.
2. Copy of your photo ID.
Individuals interested in the Adult Residential Care Home (ARCH) training program must apply and meet all requirements prior to registering for a class.
Registration is based on the order of COMPLETED APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, FIRST TO QUALIFY AND SECURE TUITION PAYMENT.
STEP 1: Prepare all your documents.
Go to the “Enrollment Requirements” tab above and prepare all the necessary paperwork.
STEP 2: Submit documents.
You can either mail or hand carry documents containing personal information.
Otherwise, all documents may be emailed to email@example.com. It is preferred to have all documents sent in one email to allow for faster processing.
STEP 3: Submit payment and register.
Once all of your documents have been approved and your application has been accepted, please submit payment.
Payment can be made in the form of a check, cash, or debit/credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
If agencies are paying on behalf of students, please submit the Agency Authorization Form.
For information or assistance on:
- On-line registration or general registration and payment call 455-0477 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial assistance, program advising, or attending an information session, please complete the online inquiry form and an advisor will contact you.
- Click here to learn more about financial assistance and student support resources.
Coordinator: Patrick Leddy
Workforce Development Coordinator